Police say Taurus not linked to Regier murders; still looking for truck
Story by Casey Lessard
Forensics teams say the green Ford Taurus stolen from a home near the farm of Bill and Helene Regier the day before they were killed was not connected to their murders.
The car was stolen in connection with a break-and-enter two concessions east of the Regier home, as were two rifles. Police have not said whether they were the guns used in the murders.
Police are still looking for help locating the Regiers’ silver 2006 GMC Sierra Z71, four door pickup truck, with Ontario licence number JK8 334.
They say building superintendents, parking lot attendants and commuters especially should keep an eye out for this vehicle in case it has been abandoned.
– Z 71 stickers on rear sides of box
– Full stainless steel “tube style” running boards
– Front and rear molded mud flaps
– Tinted bug deflector (hood)
– Tinted window visors (above all 4 doors)
– HMP “Exeter” licence plate holder
Do not attempt to stop the vehicle. If located call 911.
If you have any other information regarding this case, call: